Branch Office PBX Entension
August 2010 – Patton’s SmartNode Telephony-over-IP gateways and routers offer a full range of solutions to address the challenges of integrating PSTN and IP networks and solve the critical migration issues associated with next-generation IP networks. Unique among VoIP solutions, Patton‘s SessionRouter™ software offers configurable callrouting policies to support any numbering plan and ease your migration to IP calling.
Branch Office Connectivity
This news letter will discuss about Patton’s SmartNode Telephony-over-IP gateways for Branch Office Connectivity as Branch Office Telephony and PBX Extension.
There is no reason to deploy a separate telephone system at each location in an enterprise. Using Telephony-over-IP, remote sites can be supported over the Internet, transparent to the user and with the same feature set available to “local” users. Each remote site does not need special IP telephones. At the remote site, voice-extensions to the central site can co-exist with local PSTN connectivity.
Executives, as well as part-time or full-time home workers, can access the corporate data network and the PBX from home or the office without any differences. Home workers can make and receive calls from the PBX while working online, transparent to the caller. The home worker can reach all PBX extensions and use all the same PBX call features available to “local” users.
Patton Model SN4520
Connect with confidence using the SmartNode 4520 Series Router. Integrating a complete enterprise router with local PSTN and remote packetvoice, the SN4520 supports eight simultaneous calls for a new standard in toll-bypass, remote/branch office connectivity, and enhanced carrier services.
Perfect for the remote office, branch office, or PBX/switch extension, the SmartNode 4520 integrates all your voice, fax, and LAN traffic for seamless and secure networking. With its FXS analog ports the SN4520 connects to any legacy telephone or PBX and provides dial-tone, ringing, and caller-ID. When equipped with FXO ports, the local PSTN can be accessed enabling local calling and enhanced toll-bypass service.
With dual 10/100 Ethernet ports, the SN4520 provides guaranteed Quality of Service while passing LAN traffic at wirespeed. Voice traffic is prioritized while LAN/IP traffic shaping permits efficient access to the Internet and corporate networks.
F E A T U R E S & B E N E F I T S
* Up to 8 analog ports—Compact, reliable stand-alone VoIP gateway with different port options. Supports simultaneous voice or fax calls on all ports.
* Toll-Quality VoIP—Advanced traffic management and shaping, combined with Patton’s patent-pending DownStream QoS™ enforce uninterrupted toll-quality voice over best-effort networks.
* Advanced Local Call Switching—Virtual interfaces and routing tables provide industry leading flexibility in call handling programming. Local call switching, soft fallback to alternative routes. Simultaneously connects to multiple SIP services/IP PBXs.
* Complete SIP and T.38 support—Supports the complete range of industry standard VoIP: SIP, H.323, T.38 fax, fax and modem handling, DTMF relay. Codecs G.729, G.723, and so on.
* Easy Management & Provisioning — Web-based management, SNMP, command line interface. Automated mass provisioning for efficient large-scale deployments.
* Outstanding Interoperability—Proven integration for voice and T.38 fax with Asterisk™, PingTel™ and other leading IP PBX systems and soft switch vendors
Patton Model SN4830
Patton’s SmartNode™ 4830 Series IADs let you add packet voice while providing access routing with native V.35/X.21 synchronous serial connection, G.SHDSL and ADSL2+ WAN access options. Add up to 8 phone lines and combine Internet and VPN access on a single PPP or Frame Relay based access line for the new standard in toll-bypass, remote/branch office connectivity, and enhanced carrier services.
The SN4830 Series offers models with combinations of 2 to 8 analog FXS phone ports and 2 or 4 FXO ports. The Dual 10/100Base-T LAN ports can be used for LAN, IPsec VPN and DMZ connections. The integrated WAN port provides direct access to broadband networks (you choose between X.21/V.35, T1/E1, ADSL2+, and G.SHDSL). Like every SmartNode, the 4830 series supports the industry standard VoIP signaling protocols SIP, H.323, T.38 Fax-Relay, plus Fax and Modem-Bypass and is interoperable with leading Softswitches and VoIP services.
Quality of Service (QoS) features include advanced voice prioritization and traffic management. DownStreamQoS™ ensures voice without interruptions even over best-effort internet connections. Packet labeling according to 802.1p, TOS and DiffServ enable integration into managed QoS networks.
F E A T U R E S & B E N E F I T S
* Integrated WAN Access – ADSL2+, G.SHDSL**, T1/E1, V.35/X.21 WAN access options. Two 10/100 Ethernet ports. Access router with NAT, Firewall, PPPoE, DHCP, and DynDNS.
* Full VoIP Protocol Support – SIPv2, H.323v4, T.38, fax & modem bypass, G.723, G.729, G.726, G.711, echo cancellation, silence compression, comfort noise, DTMF relay.
* FXS, FXO, or Combinations – Up to 8 FXS ports connect to your standard telephone or PBX. 2 or 4 FXO ports allow local PSTN connections. Programmable call routing and switching.
* Maximum Voice Quality – Advanced adaptive traffic management for maximum voice quality. Voice prioritization and DownStreamQoS™.
* Management & Provisioning – Web-based management, SNMP, command line interface, and auto-provisioning for automated configuration & software upgrades.
Patton Model SN2400
The SmartNode 2400 VoIP Media Gateway provides a high density, seamless link between the circuit-switched telephone network and Voice-over-IP. Ideal for multi-service carrier and corporate PSTN access, the SmartNode 2400 takes 120 calls from voice-to-packet. With dual 10/100 Ethernet ports and four voice interface slots, the SmartNode 2400 connects to any switch, PBX, or data network.
The SmartNode delivers VoIP that has the clarity of toll-quality voice. Multiple user-defined G.711 and G.726 voice codecs are included, as well as G.723 and G.729ab for low bandwidth voice. T.38 FoIP, fax bypass, and modem bypass capabilities ensure that the SmartNode 2400 will seamlessly connect to all voice and data services. QoS ensures optimal voice performance through traffic classification and prioritization.
F E A T U R E S & B E N E F I T S
* Up to 120 Simultaneous Calls – Supports up to 120 simultaneous calls from any combination of voice intefaces including T1/E1 PRI, BRI, and FXS.
* T1/E1, BRI, & FXS Voice Interface Cards – Use any combination of voice interfaces for connection to any telephone, switch, or service provider. Scale your connections by simply adding new interfaces.
* Compatible CODECs – Connect to any gateway with any one of our standard codecs (including G.711 and G.726). For low bandwidth requirements, use G.723.1 and G.729ab vocoders.
* Complete Service Transparency – Using ISoIP™ and ToIP™ technology, calls are connected with voice, data, and supplementary services delivered transparently end-to-end.
* H.323v3 and H.323+ VoIP – Connect to any SmartNode or VoIP capable device with universal call control signalling. Use advanced features including H.245 Fast Connect, Early Start, Annex M3, ECS support, and RAS.
* QoS Router with Dual 10/100 Ethernet – Connect to your LAN with high speed Ethernet and deliver increased bandwidth and efficiency. Traffic classification prioritizes data and ensures optimal voice quality.